February 17, 2011

Gingersnaps

Last night, I had a delicious dream. Me in a room full of desserts. Cinnamon desserts. The most memorable one: a cake made of churros. Just churros, piled and curled up in a cake. I admit, I actually googled "churro cake" today in hopes of finding it in real life. No luck. Until I figure out how to make the churro cake of my dreams (and for the record I cannot remember the last time I even ate a churro) I give you these cookies, with their own dose of cinnamony goodness. They are actually not churro-y at all, but they are delicious, in real life.

Gingersnaps

4 cups flour
4 t. soda
4 t. cinnamon
2 t. cloves
1 t. ginger

Sift together.

2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups shortening
1/2 cups molasses

Cream and add the flour ingredients. Roll into balls and tip the tops in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

1 comment:

Jennie La said...

THIS IS A CLASSIC PEOPLE! Many a cookie have I consumed while studying while Cal baked these.